Duration: 60 min
About This Course:
An One-Hour online presentation, ‘Mental Health Support for Family, Friends & Colleagues’ is tailored to all staff who are, or want to, support someone they care about with mental ill health or mental health issues, but don’t know what to do.
No matter what you may be dealing with, the world has certainly become an anxiety laden place for us all. Supporting the people we care about through challenging times can have an impact on our own mental health. Learn how to prioritise your own wellbeing while supporting the ones you love.
In this One-Hour presentation you will learn how:
- Caring for others can impact our own mental health
- The science behind communication and compassion
- Understand the difference between empathy and sympathy and how no empathic response will ever make anything worse
- Learn how language and connection can be the solution
- How to have effective and authentic conversations – engagement and support
- How our own experiences can influence our responses to others, and influence can impact stigma
- How to focus on being well and your own self care
We look forward to hearing from you!
For a quote or to discuss this course further, please contact us.