Mental Health First Aid England Training with Minding Your Business (MYB)
Our instructors have many years of experience delivering this content and some of them are even a part of the National Instructors Team.
What is Mental Health First Aid about?
Everyone has mental health like physical health, but mental ill health can strike at any time, and can affect anyone. At MYB, we want to help alleviate the stigma that still exists around mental ill health, and through providing MHFA England courses, we have found that this has been a huge step towards doing so. Mental Health First Aid is an internationally recognised training course that teaches individuals how to recognize the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health and provides support on a first aid basis.
Mental Health First Aiders will have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health & factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot triggers & signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure & support someone in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help a person recover their health by guiding them to further support
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing